Under construction… (SP)
Most of us simply associate ‘compost’ and ‘composting’ with black – sometimes smelly – stuff at the bottom of the garden, and with gardening itself.
But it’s much more than this… It’s also about:
- ‘closing the loop’ on resource use in our everyday lives
- reducing landfill, the waste stream and all of the other ‘institutionalised’ habits of civilisation that we so often take for granted and accept without thinking
- supporting local businesses to do the same
- enriching our garden soils and making them more productive and water-efficient…
and most importantly…
- providing an example to our children and younger folk!