A ‘Compost Community’…?
Most of us simply associate ‘compost’ and ‘composting’ with black – sometimes smelly – stuff at the bottom of the garden, and with gardening itself.
But it’s much more than this… It’s also about:
- all of us actively engaging with and making choices about how we consume resources everyday
- finding effective strategies to ‘close the loop’ on resource use in our everyday lives
- reducing landfill, the waste stream and all of the other ‘institutionalised’ habits of civilisation that we so often take for granted and accept without thinking
- supporting local businesses to do the same
- enriching our garden soils and making them more productive and water-efficient…
and most importantly…
- providing positive examples and encouragement for our children and younger folk!
…so focussing on how we all see and do things differently gives us an opportunity to share what may be new ideas and creative approaches to managing ‘waste’ and ‘closing the loop’! We all have something to offer! Check out the ideas on these pages and get inspired!