- actively making choices about how we consume & utilise resources
- ‘closing the loop’ on resource use in everyday life
- reducing landfill, the waste stream & all of the other ‘habits’ of civilisation that we so often simply accept without thinking
- supporting local businesses to do the same
- enriching our garden soils & making them more productive & water-efficient…
…& most importantly…
- providing positive examples & encouragement for our children & younger folk!
…as a Collector: As a ‘collector’ you undertake to:
- pick up recycled food scraps, coffee grounds & similar materials on a regular basis
- liaise with your site coordinator (or directly with the collection site) if any disruption in collection routines is likely. More information here.
…as a Collection Site or Enterprise: As a ‘collection site’ or enterprise you undertake to:
- provide food scraps, coffee grounds & similar materials for collection on a regular basis & as negotiated with SCN’s site coordinators
- record & post information about the Network & summarising the materials offered & recording who will collect or each day.
- report on a regular basis the quantities of materials recycled via SCN on a regular basis. More information here.