1. St Alban’s Produce Swap – Saturday 13th May, St Albans, Jetty Road, Largs Bay . The next St Alban’s Produce Swap is today! Doors will open at 9.30 for a cuppa and a chat with neighbours. The swap will be at 10.30. Here’s how it works:
- Bring a basket/box/bag of your excess fruit, vegetables, herbs, seedlings, seeds, cuttings, baked goods/preserves (please label ingredients)
- Fill your basket/box/bag up with the goodies other folk brought to share
- Have a cuppa or two and a chat to your neighbours.
- Bring what’s spare, swap and share!
2. Port Adelaide Environment Forum:
Thursday, May 18th, 7pm – 9pm, Town Hall. How do we reduce and manage waste in environmentally responsible and sustainable ways? A Waste Strategy for the City of Port Adelaide Enfield, Consultation led by Dr. Chris Colby– see flyer.
3. Bower Cottages Fruit n Veg Swap:
Saturday 27 May, 10am to 11am, 200 Bower Road, Semaphore Park.
Cut food miles, reduce waste, save money and get to know your neighbours at the Bower Cottages Fruit & Veg Swap on the last Saturday of every month! Come along & swap: fruits & vegetables, herbs , flowers, plants, cuttings, seeds and seedlings, home baked goods and preserves and most importantly ideas and information!
Last Saturday of every month. Produce is on the table by 10.15am; swap starts at 10.30am.
4. Little Buggers Club – Saturday 27th May, 10am to 11.30am, Bower Cottages, 200 Bower Road, Semaphore Park.
The Little Buggers Nature and Bug Club at Bower Cottages provides hands on invertebrate and nature education for kids! Make a gold coin donation and join Kristen Messenger from Bugs n Slugs in learning about and loving bugs and nature.
Takes place on the last Saturday of every month coinciding with the Bower Fruit n Veg Swap. Call 8408 1394 or email email@example.com for more details.
4. Free Composting & Gardening Workshop – Saturday 3 Jun, 10 am – 1 pm
St Bedes, Semaphore – See flyer.